The Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan (ACSDA) presented an alternative report to the report submitted by the Republic of Armenia to UN
A periodic report of Armenia for 2010 – 2015 will be discussed at the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination on April 24 – May 12, 2017. The Armenian state provided information about the situation of ensuring the requirements of UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination – refugees, discrimination against national minorities, religious tolerance and so on in this report. Nevertheless, Armenia, as always, tries to deceive the international community by presenting the existing situation as positive through its lies. The ACSDA submitted to UN an alternative report to Armenia’s report in 6 (English, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, and French) languages. This ACSDA report fully exposed continuous lies and falsifications of Armenia. The alternative report is published on the UN’s official website.
The report states that:
- The report submitted by the Republic of Armenia falsified historical facts about relations with Republic of Azerbaijan. PACE Resolution 2085 (2016) on "Inhabitants of frontier regions of Azerbaijan are deliberately deprived of water" adopted during plenary session in January of 2016 confirms the occupation of Nagorno Karabakh and other territories of Azerbaijan by the Armenian state. The Republic of Armenia is directly responsible for ethnic cleansing, massacres against civilians, other international crimes committed in the occupied territories, as well as for impunity of responsible persons;
- The Republic of Armenia threatens Azerbaijan with "environmental aggression”, and other ethnic group – Azerbaijanis with humanitarian, moral, economic, environmental, and biological danger through the occupied Sarsang reservoir, which is underlined in PACE Resolution 2085 (2016);
- The Republic of Armenia is responsible for military hostilities in the territories of neighboring country, killing people on ethnic basis, keeping them as hostages, not disclosing information about, using violence and inhuman behavior against them;
- The policy and measures on the illegal resettlement of refugees from Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and other countries in Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan is a direct violation of the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination;
- Political authorities of Armenia are responsible for preventing Azerbaijanis and other ethnic groups, who were internally displaced (deported) from their permanent places of residence, to return to Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan and to the territories of the Republic of Armenia;
- The Republic of Armenia destroys religious places and historical monuments belonging to Azerbaijanis and falsifies their origin;
- A political organization promoting racial discrimination functions in the Republic of Armenia. And the Armenian state ignored the UN’s call on legally dissolving this organization.
The ACSDA report includes such significant facts, at the same time, demands the explanation of these issues by the Armenian state before the UN Committee. The report states that the UN Committee on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination should request from the Republic of Armenia to eliminate racial discrimination against Azerbaijanis and other ethnic groups, to end hate speech as to race, and to condemn and prevent any such public initiative.
See full text of the alternative report by ACSDA:
Most read news